Solar & Wind Expo Mid-Atlantic Presents Consumer Seminars & Courses for Professionals
Third Annual Expo May 11-13, Timonium Fairgrounds, Maryland
The Third Annual Solar & Wind Expo will offer consumers valuable information about saving energy and saving money while being good to the environment at its Mid-Atlantic Expo at the State Fairgrounds in Timonium, Maryland the weekend of May 11-13, 2012. The training is in addition to the valuable information offered to consumers by exhibitors.
The Expo will bring consumers together with national and local companies that supply all types of renewable energy products and related businesses. The Solar & Wind Expo is the premier event for those who are looking to conserve energy and integrate renewable technologies such as solar, wind and geothermal energies, both for financial reasons and for reducing their carbon footprint. The Solar & Wind Expo is the place to learn how to migrate and upgrade old systems to cleaner, more Earth friendly and renewable energy systems, thus helping to make green a reality.
Below is the preliminary listing of seminar topics.
- Your Energy Efficiency Checklist
- Home Solar the Way You Want It
- Leveraging Management Technology with Green Hands
- Power Purchase Agreement or PPA
- Financing Your Renewable Energy Project
- Wind Power
- Electric Vehicles Explained
- Passive House Energy Performance Standards
- Benefits of Weatherization and Energy Audits
- Solar Water Heating
- Home Energy Saving Techniques
- Solar Energy Design Ideas
In addition to the consumer seminars, the Expo will present technical training courses for those interested in entering this growing field.
Below is a preliminary list of technical training offered:
- Introduction to Solar Photovoltaic and a Maryland Market Overview
- Solar PV Technical Sales Course (exam prep for NABCEP*)
- Solar PV Site Assessment Seminar (American Institute of Architect Continuing Education approved)
- Solar Electrical Design Course (NABCEP)
“We are very pleased to bring consumer seminars and accreditation opportunities to Maryland,” said Solar & Wind Expo Executive Director George Lopez. “We are building a community of interested consumers and professionals – those who have the foresight to see that renewables are the way to go today, not at some undefined point in the future.”
The company has launched an interactive website chock full of information to help consumers make decisions about all forms of renewable energy: solarandwindliving.com.
Tickets to the Expo: Adults $12 (or $10 online, coming soon); Children under 12 admitted free. Discounts are available online. Hours are: Friday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday - Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Moms will be admitted free on Sunday, May 13, Mother’s Day.